"K to 12 Curriculum Improves Teacher Quality" ???

I had to read that title twice just to make sure that I was reading it right. After a minute or so, and wearing my reading glasses, I was convinced that I was reading the title correctly: A curriculum could improve teacher quality. A title like this should shake the education reform world. Somehow, the Philippines had discovered a curriculum that improved teacher quality.

When my son was two years old, I took him to visit the Philippines. And one day, our hosts took us to Caliraya. It was a beautiful place except that it was drizzling that morning. My son was excited to be able to run around the open spaces. It was difficult to keep him still. One of our companions told me that I should probably take my son under a shed, worried that my son might get a cold. I asked my companion whether rain droplets in the Philippines contained the cold virus. Another companion quietly smiled recognizing that I raised a good point.

We could easily be misinformed. Unfortunately, popular media often reinforced wrong notions. The above title came from a news article published in the Philippine Star:


K to 12 curriculum improves teacher quality






Comments